Texas Mile

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Texas Mile
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:04:53 -0700 (PDT)
We just got back from the Texas Mile.  Had a great time.  There were quite a
few LSR cars/bikes there.  I found out that a GM factory stock 5/16" fuel line
won't feed a 461 CID Chev big block at 7500 for very long - - even with a big
fuel pump. (Hmmmm, seems like a couple of listers told me that before I left
for the races.)   I also found out that fan belts don't stay on stock pullies
at 7500 for that long either.  It did make it through first and second before
suffering fuel starvation and throwing the belts though, and that part of the
ride was awsome!

Dick J
In East Texas