Re: There's something wrong here .........

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: There's something wrong here .........
From: "Tom Neimeyer" <tneimeyer@houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:29:58 -0500
Throughout the year, Refiners move the molecules around to try and satisfy
demand.  During the driving season, June-August, we run the units for more
conversion (increased temperature and pressure) which means we make more
gasoline which should make it more plentiful and cheaper.  Likewise starting
in Seprtember, we drop molecules down and make more heating oil.  Diesel is
caught in the middle, more to the fuel oil side.  With the molecules split
between diesel and fuel oil, it makes the cost of both go up but the one
that goes up the most is the one we make the least of, which ever it is.
There is more to it than most realize.