There's something wrong here

To: "'Dave Dahlgren'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: There's something wrong here
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:44:11 -0700
Something I forgot to mention the other day was that our oil is produced by
private and public companies that make the investment, take the risk and
produce for a profit. Regardless of the amount of profit, the cost for gas
to the American consumer is still at least ONE HALF of what it is in most
counties of the world (excluding the middle east).

Here are the top five oil producers in the world, only ONE is NOT a
government owned industry! MBD means million barrels per day. (1) Saudi
Arabia 10MBD (2)Russia 9MBD (3)United States 8MBD (4)Iran 4MBD  (5)Mexico
3.8MBD. Guess which one has the LOWEST COST to the consumer (including
profit)!

I'm sure I will get corrected by our Canadian friends but it is my
understanding; in Canada all natural resources in a province are owned by
that province. Since Alberta is lucky enough to have both gas and oil they
could be producing and selling gas to their customers for about 90
cents/gallon ($0.23/liter). However, Canada passed a regulation requiring
the well-head cost of Canadian oil to be pegged to the world market. When I
was in Victoria 2 months ago, Canadians were paying about $1.10/liter for
gas that could be produced profitably for 23 cents. Where do you think the
excess government profit(revenue) is going!   -Elon