Another Vehicle Named Mephistopheles -- Not Fast: Many Wheeler

To: Nt788@aol.com, zoombot@cox.net, speedtimer@charter.net,
Subject: Another Vehicle Named Mephistopheles -- Not Fast: Many Wheeler
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:50:38 EST
Mephistopheles was also the name  painted on the side of a large WW 1 German
tank, circa 1914 ~ 1918 ..... I've seen it several times in a  documentary
film on the
'Great War'.  I doubt very much that vehicle  ever went as much as fifty
miles per hour
on its test course somewhere back in Deutschland.  It  probably did live up
to its' name
and scared the 'devil' out of any doughboys seeing it coming their way  !
      Speaking of WW 1, on Friday all of our  states observe Veteran's Day,
which
used to be known as Armistice Day ..... the day in 1918 when, at the 11th
hour of
the 11th day of the 11th month, the guns fell silent in Europe ..... the
"War to End
All Wars" was over .  History has shown us things didn't quite  work out that
way.

Say, Glen( Barrett ) :  Didn't you once tell me you heard the news  from
Europe
that day on Mr. Marconi's new invention, while working on your 'T'  roadster
???

                     Did Mephistopheles make me say that ?    BDF