Re: Shifters

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Shifters
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:12:03 -0800
Dick, Save the money you would spend on a shifter and get a reverse
shift valve body from TCI. It makes the shift N-1-2-3. When you install
it in the trans take the park pawl out so you can never get park. Now
look at the rooster comb on the shift shaft and weld a stop at the 4th
notch. Now you will start in neutral, the next and only move you can
make will be 1st. gear. The next detent will be 2nd. gear. the next move
will be 3rd. gear. 3rd. gear is the end of the line,  you can not move
the shift shaft any more. If you want neutral at any time just pull it
all the way back. I have never seen a need for reverse or park in a LSR
car. All it can do is screw you up. Make your own shifter out of the old
parts you have from the B&M.
   Doug Odom in big ditch where it is windy and 67 today.