Shifters

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shifters
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:13:20 -0800 (PST)
Who knows anything about shifters?  I've got a B&M Megashifter on my TH350.
It's old and sloppy and the finger release is hard to work to get it into or
out of Park position.  I'm thinking about getting a new shifter, but have no
idea what's what.  Just B&M has ten shifters shown at the top of the page in
the Summit catalog.  And then there's Hurst, TCI and others!  I'm not sure I am
really in love with that ratchet-style shifter, but on the other hand, I prefer
not to shift from low to drive.  Anybody had any experience with the B&M bandit
series.  How about the Pro-Gate or Z-gate?

  Years ago I had a shifter from a boneyard, I think out of an Olds 442, that
had strong gate lockouts almost like a four speed shifter.  You'd pull it back
and to the left to get it into first, push once to get to second, then have to
force right and push forward to get into drive.  It would not overshift past
drive because it would have to be pulled back to theleft to get neutral, park
and reverse.  Does anybody know of an aftermarket shifter that works similar to
that?

  I don't need a multi-zillion dollar drag shifter, but I would like something
that will give me positive gear selection.

  DickJ
  In East Texas

 Yahoo! Personals
Lot's of someone's, actually. Yahoo! Personals