Re: chute release

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: chute release
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:32:07 -0700
Dick
I tried an electric pull solenoid before I made my air operated system. The
problem I found with the electric was the short pull. With air I could get
a longer stroke to assure the release cable pulled free of the chute flap
loop. I used a Clippard small bore cyl and air switch and a 1 qt. storage
bottle. As I recall the stroke was 2 to 3 inches. Air pressuer was about 50
psi. I also could over ride the cylinder as the cyl was inside a tube and
would slide manually in case the air system didn't work. However it asways
worked.

Nice part about it is you can keep your hands on the wheel and not reach for
the release like most do.
Glen