Re: Ot Trailer HItches...

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: Ot Trailer HItches...
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:38:19 -0500
On Wednesday, December 14, 2005, at 03:05  PM, drmayf wrote:

> Over on the Ford Powerstroke list there has been some chatter about
> trailer hitches. One was of interest to me and that was the Pullrite
> hitch ( http://www.pullrite.com  I think). It sorta turns a tag
> trailer into some kinda goose or 5th wheel system by putting the pivot
> point near the rear axle, but under the bed and frame of the tow
> vehicle. Has any of you used such a beast? I know there are other
> kinds out there but it is this one only that I am curious about right
> now. Any experience out there? Any idea of cost? The web site does not
> tell me what they cost..
>
> mayf, out in Pahrump with a house full of Pismo Beach
> visitors...(family)

Way back when I sold trucks I had one or two customers that bought
these and installed 'em on their pickups.  IIRC, they didn't offer any
positive feedback (nor negative, other than the things were
rust-magnets -- but up here, that's no surprise).  I don't remember
what the cost was -- but for sure, whatever we (the dealership) paid,
we marked it up just a little (!!!).

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan