Way back when .... (NON LSR)

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Way back when .... (NON LSR)
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:42:12 -0800
Bruce,

You remind me of how fragile stock parts were when drag racing, at
a track, started. The first race I saw was at Santa Anna in 1949.
To keep rear axles from breaking, the cars were pushed down hill
towards the starting line and if they were fairly even when they
rolled up to the line, the starter gave them the green flag.
On about every other race, someone broke something. Chet Herbert
had a neat 302 jimmy powered rail job that blew the porcelain
out of the plug housing. It made the funniest whistling noise..

That was sure fun. I saw several cars go OVER 100 MPH! AMAZING!!!

Thanks for bringing back those old memories Bruce,
Bryan