Re: The Buried car ( no LSR ) ~ Hub Caps / Wheel Discs

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, BWANA343@aol.com, kturk@ala.net,
Subject: Re: The Buried car ( no LSR ) ~ Hub Caps / Wheel Discs
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:08:32 EST
Yes, the Olds Fiesta Wheel Discs ( the term 'hub cap' was  falling out of
favor by then )
were really nice, but many of us thought that the Dodge Lancer discs with
the knight's
head on them and four bars were even better looking  .  Although I never had
a set on
any of my cars, the aftermarket discs with the five or so concentric rings,
known as 'Flying Saucer' discs, were my favorite.  I have only seen them on
several nostalgia cars at
shows in the last forty plus years.   I still have a  set of snap-in style
Moon disc aluminum covers that I had on my '49 Ford  coupe for a while .....
AND
the original box they came
from Los Angeles in .... circa 1955 !  I recall trying to get them  firmly on
the wheel without
putting dents near the outer edge was quite a trick ........
                                    BDF