Hero driver needed

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hero driver needed
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:38:00 -0800
List; The guy I was counting on to drive my V4F/GR has chosen his wife over
me. Go figure. I have no other candidates at this time. What I need is someone
who wants to make all (if things go well) the El Mirage meets and Bonneville
SpeedWeek. This person should be about 5 ft 9 in. or shorter and displace less
than I do. Your left knee needs to be pretty limber also. You need to be
patient as the car will only run in the 113 mph range, so making a pass is
somewhat time consuming.                                            In the
past I have paid all costs for the car, entry, and towing expense. My driver
took cars of his food and lodging and fire suit, helmet costs. I can get you a
good deal on my old drivers suit. You will also need to be a member of an SCTA
club and BNI.               It would be nice if my driver lived somewhere
around San Mateo, Ca. but not necessary. Since my truck only seats two
comfortably, and I have a friend who usually rides with me, it also would be
nice if the driver could supply his or hers own transportation to the meets.
Prior experience not necessary.         Rich Fox