Re: Nascar Toyota

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Nascar Toyota
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:40:46 -0800
Unfortunately, Toyotas sold here are made here. As to convertibles, yes
they ran in NASCAR also. Not long but they did. As to the future of
NASCAR? ell, I have already pretty much stopped watching it because the
cars are all now pretty much the same and the only performance
differences are the drivers and pit crews. They could hold competitions
on foot every week and time the pit crews changing tires, trannys, etc
and it would be about the same. Most of the drivers are smart asses who
really think they are super stars when all they are is pitchmen for the
car sponsor. Buh, humbug..

mayf
FastmetalBDF@aol.com wrote:

>big snip
>
>Since the early Fifties I seem to remember most of the oval  track
>associations' rulebooks stating something like this: "open to  AMERICAN made
>cars only,
>between the years of
>( various years given, depending on class ....... ).   NO  Convertibles,
>station wagons, or pickup trucks allowed .

big snip