Re: Hybrid Landspeed Racer !

To: RACE427@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hybrid Landspeed Racer !
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:43:01 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Dan would need to back this up but I believer Toyota had a Prius Hybrid at
Bonneville 2 years ago. One of our competors works for Toyota, put a roll cage
in it and had some Toyota people drive it. They also gave a $5000 donation to
"Save the Salt". (GM had to "one-up" them by donating $5001. BFD)  Anyway I
believe after about a 1/4 mile the electric motor doesn't do much and the top
speed, 123 mph I believe, was done by the little engine. It probably had som
electronics rework knowing Jim Linenger (sp) the guy behind it.  Bob and Judy
Sights now have his modified roadster....J.D.