Re: Hybrid Landspeed Racer !

To: gmc6power@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hybrid Landspeed Racer !
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:26:35 EST
Toyota Prius, 2004 Speedweek....I also checked out this car, and also  found
it very stock. As it turned out later, it was mostly an advertising  effort,
as it seemed that car turned up in every car magazine for months after  it's
appearance.
Hybrid car electrics serve mostly as a auxiliary push-car, and the added
power is indeed expended very rapidly during full acceleration . here's  link
and
 picture..........

_http://www.toyota.com/motorsports/spotlight/landspeedprius.html_
(http://www.toyota.com/motorsports/spotlight/landspeedprius.html)

AND,as a long time Autoweek subscriber , I also wrote to them on the WFI
thing. I think Dan W's letter was the best though as it was more detailed and
his SCTA status will hopefully make the point.
Bob W