Re: Rule Book Question....hit delete NOW!

To: BWANA343@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rule Book Question....hit delete NOW!
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:46:54 -0500
On Thursday, February 23, 2006, at 01:27  PM, BWANA343@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/23/2006 9:21:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> jon@infodestruction.com writes:
>
> Dang, you car guys have it rough with worries like that.  See why I
> race on bikes?  All we have to worry about is having the tire in back
> ride right smack behind the tire in front
>
> Except for when the back one gets ahead of the front one, usually a
> different result then on four wheels.
> On that note, are there classes for front or both wheel drive
> motorcycles ? I recall the Rokon Trailbreaker, and I believe there
> are/were others in production.
> Bob, don't like gravel/Salt rash, W

Hey, Bob -- I never thought about looking at the rule book for front-
or both-wheel drive bikes, so here's what I found from a quick read
through the '05 book just now:

No mention of any restriction in production class, of course -- if the
factory made at least 500 of 'em that are street-legal -- I guess you
could have front or both wheels driven.  What size motor does the Rokon
(for instance) have?  I went to their site and didn't see that spec.

No mention of restriction to rear-wheel-drive only in Modified class.
I wonder if this question will bring a clarification in the rules for
Modified - to include something restricting other than RWD only?

Rear wheel drive ONLY is required in Altered, Streamliner, and Sidecar
classes.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan