Austin roadster

To: land-speed@autox.team.net (list LSR)
Subject: Austin roadster
From: jwschuett@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:29:55 +0000
the advantage in the Austin body is not in drag or speed but in stability and
control If I under stand Tom correctly, the T body would have a belly pan 44"
wide, 78" long. The Austin would be shorter and the body is rounded in the
back. The Auburn Boat tail may be the best choice. I don't know if there is
enough if there aero wise to  make it practical choice. In the modified
roadster class the rule book states "streamlining a head of and including the
cowl and channeling is permitted"so the grill shell is not required.
Jim Schuett