Old guy with good memory needed

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Old guy with good memory needed
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:05:39 -0800
List; I bought my roadster (104) from Al Holoway in '84. Al bought it from
Rudy Mortensen at some time before that. Al is mostly responsible for the
current configuration of the car.
I know Rudy set the C/FR record in '58 as the "Valley Auto Supply Special" and
at Half Moon Bay it ran as "Brink, Mckeever & Mortensen" of the San Francisco
Ramblers Car Club. Number 255 at both locations.
I was wondering if anyone knew or could find out when Rudy first ran the car
on the salt. It's coming up on it's 50th anniversary as a Bonneville car and I
wanted to recognize the correct year.                   Rich Fox