HRM Wind Tunnel Article

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: HRM Wind Tunnel Article
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:34:04 -0800
Well, HRM is still mad at me and I am on their list of people to get
their magazines last. But, never the less, it arrived yesterday and I
tore into the article with enthusiasm! I was ready to dispute the hood
scoop results, but when I saw the manner it was installed and what it
was doing, I fully concurred! From the pictures, it was attached to the
hood and just dumped air into the engine compartment. There was a shiney
aftermarket aaaair cleaner on the carb. I would have suggested that the
scoop be a useful scoop and that the duct work be connected to the carb
ala some of theose procomp dragster setups. So that the air that enters
the scoop goes intot he carb. That way, the engine makes more power, and
I suspect more than the claimed 8 hp drag loss for the scoop.

But, what a fun activity this was! I would have loved to have been there
and witnessed this! How many people actually get a chance to do
something like this? Wow, loved the article, but wished that had given
the speed and actrual drag numbers in pounds for that speed...

MAyf, out in pahrump