Re: ford fe powered cars

To: dlodom@charter.net, speedtimer@charter.net
Subject: Re: ford fe powered cars
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:15:00 EST
In a message dated 2/28/2006 8:48:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dlodom@charter.net writes:

> But as I remember they were  different from the FE motor. Don't
> think any of the parts would interchange. The FE was kind of a lump
> motor really.

Doug the SOHC block & rotating group were the same as a standard 427 FE 'cept
for oil drains in the rear of the block & hemi pistons not wedge. Most of the
other parts were special for the "cammer" and some you wouldn't think about
unless you were building such a motor, like a shorter water pump (ask me how I
know) but you build it like and other engine and it sure is impressive when
finished.
Mike