Re: Sports Talk Board

To: <tclouser@purdue.edu>, <Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Sports Talk Board
From: "don thigpen" <piggy@accessatc.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 19:46:40 -0500
I agree, they're going to have to do something about it within a few years I
think. Take away restrictor plates and you'll see who the real men and
racers
are.

nascar will never be the same , the car of tomorrow is coming and the only
way to tell a difference between cars is the decals and grill opening shape
( bout that way now ). give me the old days when you you ran what the manuf
offered and if it wasnt fast you changed brands or waited till next year .
now we have a ford taurus and who knows what from chry corp , they are not
even rear wheel drive . one day you will see all engines be spec engines and
then there will be no diff in equipment  only diff drivers and crews .
i am about to give up nascar , i miss drivers like tiny lund and his
mechanic tom pistone , i miss innovators like smokey and shops like the wood
bros .......nascar will never be the nascar we all loved , i continue to
watch but get less inclined to do so every year .
don t.