Re: tire weight air vs nitrogen

To: Benn <karhu@california.com>
Subject: Re: tire weight air vs nitrogen
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:31:55 -0800
The reason NASCAR uses nitrogen is the moisture in air will gain more
pressure as it heats up than dry. Period! No weight issues at all.
Radial tires are much more sensitive to pressure changes than bias
tires. It is along story and if you really want to know why, contact me
off list and I will try and splane it. Don't feel bad, Darrel Waltrip
never was able to understand the difference.     Doug Odom in big ditch