FW: Re: From a sports talk board...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net (land-speed list)
Subject: FW: Re: From a sports talk board...
From: rickbyrnes@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 01:21:44 +0000
I sent this message earlier but never came thru.  something about using reply
to all.  I will know better next time.

Rick

From: rickbyrnes@comcast.net
To: DaCudaKid@aol.com, karhu@california.com, wester6935@comcast.net,
land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: From a sports talk board...
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:51:41 +0000

I have been using N2 in tires since I started racing, but found at Indy the
tire guys use just air.  But air gone thru a drying process to exclude any and
all moisture.  They insist that the variance in pressure is due to the moisture
and I guess it makes since to me.  Water changing phase to a gas should
increase pressure.  Thats what they told me a few years ago when I was able to
spend a few days in the garage area.  I don't know if it is gospel, but I still
use Nitrogen, because I can.....
And that NASCAR tire is still DAMN heavy!

Rick