RE: fuel pump

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <Jimwprice@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fuel pump
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:05:02 -0600
Mike;

One more comment on fuel pumps-- it's possible to parallel two Holly
blue- top electric fuel pumps (or any other ones) for higher flow. The
key to success is to put a check valve in each fuel pump output line
before teeing the two outputs together. Some fuel pumps may not need the
check valve but most probably will. The cracking pressure of the check
valve will reduce the fuel pressure by that amount so don't put in a
3000psi check valve or you may wind up with no fuel pressure at all.

Separate fuel lines to the tank or a single larger line will be
required. On the suction side of the fuel pumps it is wise to avoid tees
if at all possible as they can cause cavitation in the fuel and vapor
bubbles will be the result.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ