RE: fuel pump

To: <Jimwprice@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fuel pump
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:23:47 -0500
Why would be my first question.. Too much torque? Seriously if tuned fairly
close should make more power provided the injector is sized corretly for the
engine. There is some power to be had by moving the nozzles up in the stacks
and running the smallest you can get away with as well. Just crank the pump
pressure up some and get much better atomization. I guess the question is
why? unless a hood clearance issue or something like that. Ran a 383 SBF the
other day on EFI and 100 octane unleaded got around 720 hp at 7500 or so..
That one would have made more but the stacks were a couple inches too short,
but any longer would not fit in the car.
Dave