A trip

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: A trip
From: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:09:24 -0500
I just got back from a 2 week trip with some of my students to build a house
for a desparate family in Zambia under the guidance of Habitat for Humanity. It
has affected me in ways I still don't fully comprehend, but it made me think of
what those of you who have seen war must have gone through in trying to come to
terms with what you have experienced. I have never seen such utter desolation
and despair and degradation and I thought I would come home full of rage at the
injustice of it, but instead I find I have a sorrow inside I never knew I could
feel. However I have also come away with an extremely powerful resolve to not
let the little minor inconveniences of our immensly rich lives ever again get
the better of my emotions. I also am going to enjoy racing and each of your
company when I see you again so much more because I know more than ever how
fragile we are, and how much each of us has done and can do if we try.I am
different now than I was only a few weeks before and I've only seen so very
little-I have so much to learn-I'm blown away by the magnitude of it all. So
I'm going to get my car running again-only better and I'm going to have even
more fun than before, but man o man I'll never forget what I've seen-my hats
off to those of you who have served-you are a tougher bunch than I'll ever be.
Scott

This communication may contain confidential or privileged
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review, use, or distribution or disclosure by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or
authorized to receive the information from the recipient, please
contact the sender by email and delete all copies of this message.
<<<MentorCollege>>>