RE: Engine Problems

To: <Askotto@aol.com>, <ed@vetteracing.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Problems
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:03:24 -0600
Otto;

Ed could be right, depending on where the ignition trigger is generated.
If the ignition is crank- triggered, the distributor rotor could be out
of alignment at the time the plug fires. I doubt if this is the way his
ignition is triggered, though.

I'd put on an ignition analyzer scope and check the ignition first just
to start eliminating possible problems one by one. It doesn't have to be
only one problem-- there can be lots of things that aren't right.
Solving the problem(s) may take a while but it will be well worth the
effort.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ