Re: WFI DVD

To: "randy radford" <radfrand@msn.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WFI DVD
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 12:31:27 +0000
I've had a copy of the movie since late feb or early march. It is a Magnolia
Pictures piece of property(says so across the screen every here and there
through the flick), it is a great copy and has all the function features from
what I can tell(it was given to me early on). We still went and saw the movie
twice after owning it and will buy at least 2 publicly released DVD's for the
house and one for the shop when it comes out(as well as any we buy as
presents for others). Currently we show the WFI DVD pretty much around the
clock in th eshop when we are open. As someone gets about a half hour into it
(and looks like they are there for it's entirety), I shut it off and let them
know what theaters are playing it to entice them to go see it(you really need
to see this fliuck on the big screen anyway). Personally I've seen the movie
12-14 times minimum and still see(and especially hear) new cool stuff each
time. And if the movie shows up at a theater which is a little closer to the
house here(Deb and I drove over an hour to see it at the movies), we will go
see it again.
I believe the bootleg versions(and those buying, selling and/or copying them)
are pretty much spitting in the face of Roger Donaldson and his family(as he
footed the $ to do this and is surely still trying to make his money back),
hell even the main actor cut his fee in half to make this movie happen. I
know.. the boootleg shit is going to happen no matter what... I just hate to
hear that some of it may be happening with the help of other LSR competitors
and spectators that frequent the circles(straightlines) we all run in.
To each their own but I needed to say my piece,
Todd