grease guns (sorta vaguely LSR)

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: grease guns (sorta vaguely LSR)
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:54:07 -0700
So, I've noticed that when I leave my old spring-plunger chassis (lithium
base) grease gun sitting for awhile, a lot of oil seems to collect around it.
I'm thinking that the oil is being pressurized out of the base over time,
leaving, after enough time, a lotta base and v little lubricant.  Any thoughts
on this?   Maybe a different type of gun that can be readily "depressurized"?
I can't seem to pull the plunger back to relieve the pressure on the grease
(takes more strength than I have currently)--it was quite difficult just to do
it when the unit was apart and empty for the refill cartridge.
Benn