RE: grease guns (sorta vaguely LSR)

To: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: grease guns (sorta vaguely LSR)
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:20:17 -0500
Benn;

Even when a grease gun is depressurized the oil will bleed out of the
carrier-- that's how grease works. The lubrication of grease is
primarily the oil; there are other additives but the main lubrication is
oil. If lots of oil has bled out of the grease, it should be dumped and
fresh grease loaded into the gun.

The moral of the story is don't load a grease gun with much more grease
than you will use.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ