Re: Price of oil and fuel non LSR

To: RACE427@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Price of oil and fuel non LSR
From: "Robert J. Denton Images" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:36:17 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Don't fall prey to the concept that this price is going up because of China and
other third world countries. It's going up because of corporate greed. Yeah, I
know in Europe they pay more than we do, however it's because of taxes to
maintain roads, etc, not to line the pockets of oil companies. Did you really
believe that the student strike in France had an effect on the price of oil
here because French refineries were shut for two days? Nine months ago, oil was
$69.00 a bbl. The price of gas was a full $0.60 per gallon less.  We are being
ripped off. Try finding a gas station for sale. If it were such a p*ss poor
investment there would be plenty of them. There aren't any for sale. NONE. A
nurse in one of my doctor's offices and her hubby just bought a small one from
his family. The family only charged them $4 million and they have 4 years to
pay for it. She said it won't be a problem. That's a million dollars year to
pay the note alone. A real sorry business, huh? The CEO of 7-11 was on CNBC
Squackbox a while back. They asked him what does he attribute the tremendous
gain in profits to. He answered that it was gasoiline. They are fast to raise
and slow to lower the prices.

Yup. Ripoff, with a capital R.

Bob Denton