Price of oil and fuel non LSR

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Price of oil and fuel non LSR
From: RACE427@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:18:03 EDT
I may be incorrect, but I feel we are  no longer the largest consumer of
foreign oil, China and other third world  countries are now on board using a
high
percentage of fuel and oil.  We as  a country have to compete with them in
what we are willing to spend to get  it.
    Two years ago I predicted $ 3.00 a gallon  and everyone thought I was
crazy for saying that.  Wish I was wrong  !   Look where the price of regular
gasoline is today.  The days  of inexpensive fuel are over.  As for a commuter
car or truck, I like  the idea of a small diesel.   Years ago Holmann and Moody
installed a  small Perkins diesel into a Ford Escort and they were getting 75
mpg with that  car.  What a great idea that is simple and it works.   The
problem today is that everyone is trying to build a better mouse trap.  Do  not
if this is the answer.    I miss the articles that Smokey  Yunick used to write
for Circle Track Magazine,  too bad he is no longer  with us!

         Tony  G   LI,NY