Re: Amazing magic pill for gas milage..

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Amazing magic pill for gas milage..
From: Mike Lackey <mike_lackey@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
--- Askotto@aol.com wrote:

> What have you heard about a small amount of Acetone added to your  gas?
>
> EVERYBODY I hear from that has tried the Acetone has reported positive
> effects and it only takes a very small amount. It's been on car talk radio
> nationwide, all positive. I'm buying Acetone stock right now!
>

> You and others might want to do a little research on the acetone before you
> condone the "magic pill".
>
> A very optimistic believer until proven wrong, Otto

On another mailing list I'm on, these are both discussed regularly.  Most of
the people there who
have tried acetone have reported small gains, a couple had no benefits, and a
couple claimed
rather outrageous gains.  I'd believe there is some gain to be had, but I
haven't tried it yet.

The BioPerformance magic pills don't claim to have acetone as the active
ingredient.  Instead it's
some "enzymatic catalyst" that they supposedly won't patent because they are
concerned people will
read the patent and copy it.  Who knows exactly what it is.  Anyways, someone
joined the list
trying to sell their wares and was convinced to give a free sample to one of
the more reputable
people on the list.  He is currently testing it but it may be a little while
for results.  I'm not
very optimistic that there will be any benefit, and even if there it I probably
won't buy any
because of the sketchy marketing practices they use to sell it.

Mike Lackey

P.S. Yes they talked about acetone on CarTalk, but it wasn't positive.  They
claimed acetone was
bogus and harmful to your car.  Not exactly a glowing recommendation...

http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Archive/2006/January/08.html