The World Record Holder To Race SCTA/BNI (again)

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: The World Record Holder To Race SCTA/BNI (again)
From: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:01:42 -0400
The British tabloid newspaper The Sun carried the story today of Wing
Commander Andy Green's latest ride - a dual diesel engined streamliner to
be called the "JCB Diesel Max".

Some of you will know that JCB (J C Bamford Engineering) make the bright
yellow back hoe diggers, amongst many such products.  They are the company
who built the "JCB GT's" (I & II) - V8 engined drag strip racing replicas
of their digging machines after a comedian made an irish based joke on the
subject of Paddy buying a performance car - a JCB GT..

Andy Green is gunning for the entry into the 200Club and 300chapter with
this new wheeldriven car and will need to run to SCTA/BNI to get a World
record, after a push start to 50mph on the Bonneville salt flats.

In 1998 Andy was let down by equipment failure with the MGF that he was to
have driven at over 300 mph.  I cannot recall if the World's fastest driver
ever passed Rookie Orientation and the licencing steps that year.  Having
attained 760 mph elsewhere, and Honorary 200 club membership, he was
enjoying his appearance as a 'Rookie' - and being so tall no one could miss
him at the early morning briefing!

The website www.thesun.co.uk should give you a sight of the car - search
for the story - "Amazing Diesel Supercar"..

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England