Diesel Fuel and Timing Boxes

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Diesel Fuel and Timing Boxes
From: RACE427@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:05:12 EDT
It is so very easy and tempting to increase the torque output  of a diesel
engine just by adding a box.  Unless you drive with the raw egg  concept under
the throttle pedal, you will find it very difficult to stay away  from your new
found power output.  Getting into it will cause your mileage  to suffer but
the Wow meter will be all smiles! LOL    Your auto  trans will suffer a very
short life as you will cause clutches, bands to  slip.  Best of all, you can
actually snap your input or output shafts in  half.   I have played with one
box
and for the most part have achieved  a 1 mpg increase.   I do not think this
warrants the risk of blowing  the auto trans.  Just a thought !

    Hope this helps.      Tony G    LI,NY