W. Va.

To: Albaugh Neil <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, list LSR
Subject: W. Va.
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:18:37 -0600
West Virginia may not have straight roads and living where I do I'll
dispute the "mountains" description for those rolling hills but Harry
Bird as chairman of the senate committee on highways has made sure the
interstate highways in West Virginia are as good as any in the country.
  The old pork barrel was rolled out for the bridges that get you from
hillside to hillside.  The roads are well designed, no off camber turns
and instead of barriers leading up to overpass supports they mound dirt
and plant grass so you can't really get to the supports for crashes
unless you are REALLY trying.  Now when you get off the freeways it's a
different story.  Trying to get from the W. Va. University hospital to
downtown on University Street, at 5 in the afternoon, could take you
until 6 if you are lucky.  It's maybe two miles.  If you take back
roads going across town and know where you are going it can be done in
20 minutes.  I don't think there is a road in Salt Lake Valley as
narrow as most of the roads in Morgantown.

Wes

Begin forwarded message: