Re: El Mirage

To: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, "Joe Timney"
Subject: Re: El Mirage
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 16:19:00 -0600
Hi all
Carol and I decided to take a mini vacation and go to So.Cal. and visit
everyone. It was great to see each and everyone. The deal was to visit and
spectate this time as I never in the last 23 years have taken a day off at
the lakes as I was always in the timing trailer.

Well so much for spectating. Frank Scott was doing the timing and I was
recruited at the morning meeting to hook up to the emergency trailer. The
person who did it since I moved decided he didn't want to deal with it any
more. So Saturday and Sunday I along with Bob Opperman spectated from my
truck along with the ERT trailer.

It was alright as my 1st concern is the safety and being able to help out
where needed.

The course was the best we have had in years, Chuck Kalback found the best
surface for both courses. Saturday was pretty windy late in the day but
Sunday gave us a nice breeze.

There were a couple of spins and one car took out two photo cells and
batteries. Several new cars for the meet and great to see what everyone had
done over the winter.

Rick Yacoucci last years No.1 point car set top speed at 252 mph, and
Lindsey's 245 mph pass was heard by all as Tom stated. With 127 entries
several got 3 runs and kept the show moving.

There were several people I didn't get by to see but maybe next time.

On a sad note we lost 3 racers in the past two weeks, Leroy Neumayer,Frank
Danielsen, and W.Finley.

We are getting good word on the salt, sure hope it continues that way as
last year was a bummer for all due to weather.

That's about it for now.

Glen