Re: Who is this GLEN guy?

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Re: Who is this GLEN guy?
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:11:15 EDT
Tom Redding wrote:

"I take issue with your remarks that a newbie gets no respect...I, and  most
of this list respect the newcomers as much as we do the long timers. It  is
when anyone, new or old, starts using the wrong kind of language that  gets
my hackles up. Don't come on here and start telling us how bad we and  the
associations are before you get to know us. And, gutter language,  this
includes references to "a..holes", is always a turnoff to most  civilized
people. My two-cents worth!"

Tom, Redding Ca - #216  D/FCC

Hi Tom,

I'll see your 2 cents and raise you a nickel! LOL

Gee, for the past few weeks I've had "You don't get no respect here  until
you prove it on the salt" drummed into me and I guess I started believing  it.
That was what I was referring to, not as in respect as a "person" until you
step out of line like you outlined.

Another point well taken Tom, you will never hear the "A" word dribble  off
my fingertips again. Thank you.

I did put it in quotes meaning a generic word for,,,,,"someone who was
having a bad moment and took their frustrations out right then, we all do it" I

also labeled myself as 3rd "A word" on the list. It wasn't meant derogatory
toward anyone.

Gee Tom, did you happen to notice what the intention of the  letter was???

Praising you guys and trying to calm down Bubba!

Whoop Glen?, 4-5 Nascar engines in a pickup??? Somebody needs to talk to
that boy. I will, I want to drive!

Soooooo, why do some people only see the bad things they want to in a  letter
and pick them out and pounce on them, missing the entire meat of the  issue
and steering the thread off track? I see it over and over.

Where is that coming from???

We, all need to lighten up a little!

OK, on three, shrug your shoulders up real tight up against your head and
hold it for 5 seconds, the whole time thinking the weight of the world is on
your shoulders, do it until it hurts.
Then drop your shoulders and let them hang lifelessly, think mellow  thoughts
and that your arms are filled with helium and could float  away. Repeat as
required.

OK, one, two, three, shrug.

Odd Toe