FW: Who is this GLEN guy?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Who is this GLEN guy?
From: "Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:35:13 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Meierle [mailto:mike.meierle@alcatel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:34 PM
To: 'Gatormover427@aol.com'; 'speedtimer@charter.net'
Cc: 'land-speed@autox.team.net'
Subject: RE: Who is this GLEN guy?

I'll Chime in here,
Glen is the Chief Timer Emeritus of the SCTA-BNI. He has timed all of us on
our runs at Bonneville and El Mirage for years on end, He is our Uncle
Crusty, he's seen it all for the past 4 decades from the timing tower, at
every meet, every year. A tireless volunteer who has made the sport
possible. He is a historian documenting the advances of Land Speed Racing
from nearly it's inception. He has seen and officially documented every
notable record set on the salt. We love him.

You might not like what he said, but he's been offering his wisdom to
racers, new and old, before the Internet was invented. If you take umbrance
with an politically incorrect comment between old friends on the list you
need to educate yourself about the community. Keith and Glen have been going
back and forth for years on this list and it's a private joke between them,
that's all. We accommodate them and leave them be because they have earned
the right to needle each other. Clean up your act, In the years I've been on
this list nobody has used the language you have, clean it up, or take you
diatribe elsewhere.

'nuff said

Mike Meierle
#847 F/P/MP