Re: Sir Malcome

To: SCowle@mentorcollege.edu, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sir Malcome
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:18:29 EDT
In a message dated 6/7/06 11:28:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
SCowle@mentorcollege.edu writes:
I was watching the history channel last night and it seems that the Allies
used a device ,invented by Sir Malcome for his landspeed runs on the beaches,
test the Normandy beaches for the ability to hold up the weight of the tanks
for the D-Day invasions. I thought this was kinda cool-using home made racing
technology to make decisions about the largest amphibious in vasion in history.

Scott
The thing that really amazes me is the floating tanks that they somehow got
to work. Sadly many didn't make it to the beach. Brave guys that we all owe so
much to. Bob in connecticut