Fuel Cost (was E85 or something)

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Cost (was E85 or something)
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:38:18 -0700
Ok, let's say the US found the majic bullet and was able to provide 1/3
of our gasoline in house. What does anyone think? That fuel costs will
go odwnOr that we somehow magically get super efficient in our use of
petroleum. Will that lower the price a the pump...I don't think so. I we
cut our foreign usage, they just cut production and charge more..ergo we
still pay more at the pump. Tiz the way it works...supply and demand.
ANd I do not believe there is enough acreage to supply even one third of
our  needs via ethanol. Most of the farm land is needed to grow food
crops. So eat or drive?

By the way, how many bushels of corn does it take to make one gallon of
pure ethanol? Fermentaion stops around 15 % or so so it must be
distilled and combined to get enough. I think we need antigravity....or
maybe personal fusion reactors that we can put in our pockets...

mayf, headed to bed...