Re: Fuel Cost (was E85 or something)

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Cost (was E85 or something)
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:12:48 -0700
Based on what I've learned, the real solution(s) will not be chosen
by us. They will be imposed by reality. That is never pleasant.
We can and will use up all of the coal and oil in the planet.
Then what?
The fact is, that the oil company's operating in the USA have not invested
one cent of their wonderful profits in new refining, for a good reason.
Where are they going to get the oil to processes for the next 25 years so they
can get a good Return On Investment (ROI)?
Fact: All available oil fields are at full production now.
Fact: While the Saudis talk about huge reserves, unfortunitly this is just
          talk. They have been unable to increase their production at all in the
          last four years in spite of the price of crude going through the roof.
I think the above, answers the question about the future price at the pump.

OBTW current oil industry estimates of the oil available in ANWAR would
provide us with about 25% of our gas for approximately 4 years. I think the
smart thing to do with ANWAR is keep it closed for the next 20 years.
Then open it up. The oil will be much more valuable ($150+) which will
allow more of it to be retrieved and it will also be very important
strategically
for fueling our military.

One major problem with biofuel - it takes a lot of water. The California agency
that distributes water across the state has stated they will be able to supply
100% of everyones allotment this year. The last time they were able to do
that was 1967.

My Oak trees are sure happy and green,
Bryan