E 85 in perspective

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: E 85 in perspective
From: Sssaddlaw@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:28:18 EDT
Before 1900, were we "addicted" to  horses?

3000 years ago, were we "addicted" to  walking?

I understand your point;  but the analogy is inaccurate;

Unlike the examples you give, the worlds "oil" is non renewable, it's  supply
is relatively fixed, demand is rising, and it will run out  someday.

in 1900, there was no shortage or decreasing supply of  horses;

3000 years ago there was no decreasing supply of walking.   In  each of those
situations, society and it's market place merely chose to change  or move on
to a more desirable / efficient (or so they thought) form of  transportation -
by choice not by necessity.    The "change" was  voluntary.  Had some
epidemic severely decimated the horse population, our  "addiction" to horses
would
have been dramatically demonstrated.

Steve Sadd