Big Rig Tires non-lsr

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Big Rig Tires non-lsr
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 07:52:36 -0700 (PDT)
I was out on the interstate for the first time in about a month yesterday.  I
was surprised when a big, shiny big rig passed, and I realized it was a
fourteen wheeler, not an eighteen wheeler. The two driving axles, rather than
having traditional dual wheels, had monster ultra low profile, very wide single
wheels.  They looked like giant Corvette tires in about a forty series.  This
was the first truck I'd seen outfitted like this.

  Are these tires more common out west or anywhere else in the country?  I
guess they are what's to come.  I wonder how much those four rear driving tires
and their giant alloy wheels cost?

  DickJ
  In East Texas