Re: Who governs records

To: Terry Murphy <terrymurphy@bellsouth.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Who governs records
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
Terry,

  SCTA/BNI certifies and governs most records set at Bonneville.  USFRA runs
World of Speed using SCTA rules, and any records set during WOS are accepted by
SCTA.  I think they are most generally accepted as US records, however many
racers also consider them to be world records, since they are usually the
highest speed for any class set anywhere in the world.  Check out
http://www.scta-bni.org/ and http://www.saltflats.com/.  Occasionally, somewone
will run for an FIA record, but I'm sure that what you, like most of us, are
interested in, are the SCta/BNI records.

  Other records in the United States are El Mirage (also run by SCTA), Maxton
(run by ECTA using class rules very similar to SCTA rules), and The Texas Mile
(run by National Auto Sports Association, NASA).  Muroc Dry lake may someday be
run again, and if so, it would also be by SCTA.

  Are you thinking about running something?  car or bike?

  Hope this helps.

  DickJ
  In East Texas

Terry Murphy <terrymurphy@bellsouth.net> wrote:
  Hi ...I am new to Bonneville ...If someone sets a new record at
Bonneville ....is this a record for Bonneville or SCTA or world or US
etc ....who is the goveren body....the group that goes to salt in Oct
....who goverens them .....sorry for the dumb question ...but I have
talked to 2 people in the sport and they don't know ....Thanks Terry