Re: Landspeed head restraints 2

To: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Landspeed head restraints 2
From: Skip Higginbotham <Saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:17:24 -0700
Wes,
Your first suggestion sounds good but is one more thing that the
driver has to remove to exit the cockpit....I would tend to vote
against it for that reason.
On the cage issue and the 4" limit.....make it 2" and make it include
the driver's torso as well as his/her head.....then nothing can
move.....much. Any reduced acceleration distance will help reduce
injuries. Doug's canopy idea is a good idea....I may do it this year.
Got to be careful of chassis vibration getting to the driver's helmet tho.
Skip