Re: Landspeed head restraints 2

To: Skip Higginbotham <Saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Subject: Re: Landspeed head restraints 2
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:49:02 -0700
Skip, The canopy idea was not mine. I have heard it before from someone
and can not remember who. I'm not sure how good a hans device would work
in a streamliner or lakester where the driver is in a lay down position.
My chin is on my chest when I'm sitting in the liner. I was looking at
the way the Indy car guys ( oops, sorry Danika ) sit in the car and then
the side of helmet pads are put in. Now this should not be a problem
getting out of the car because they slide out with the drivers helmet. I
found a company that makes foam in every density you can imagine. From
sponge to rock hard.   Doug Odom in big ditch