Safety

To: "LandSpeed Digest" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Safety
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:48:40 -0700
OK everyone, slowly take two, slow, deep breaths.

When I stirred this pot I thought driver safety would be something
productive to discuss. LSR is very different from the more common forms
of racing. What works great for a driver sitting bolt upright in a Sprinter
probably won't work nearly as well for someone laying on their back in
an LSR car or riding a motorcycle.
Also the safety folks aren't 30 seconds or less from the driver/rider at
Bonneville.

I don't  remember anyone saying " There should be a rule ....".

Rules are a guide, but only you can determine what is best for you and
your specific car, before the next run.
If your only goal is to satisfy the rule book, then you have decided not to
concern yourself with safety. Your choice.

I shall now return to my hole,
Bryan