Re: Safety

To: "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: Safety
From: "J D Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:55:47 -0700
Bryan you are right...There should not be any weeping or nashing of teeth
here. I think I said this earlier this week when the topic came up. The
safety rules in the SCTA rule book are the minimum requirement. Most if not
all the suggestion readers were giving can be installed in your own cars by
just doing them. Explaining your reasoning is the easy part.

The rule book does not need any more rules or "bench race" lawyers to pick
them apart any more than they are now doing. If you have something you feel
strongly about for your own safety then by all means do them. If it turns
out to be recommended to all then it most likely will happen.

In 1981 I started wearing a sprint car dog collar. No rule for or against
them. At a much later time the Acssociation deemed them mandatory if you
have over 4" of head movement in your cage. I was already wearing one so it
was no big deal. Many others did it too. When some saw me or my son wearing
one they asked why and I told them. Never suggested a rule change...It just
took care of itself...Good luck to all