Re: Smoking

To: Skip Higginbotham <Saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Subject: Re: Smoking
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:24:07 -0700
Skip,

From: http://www2.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/mwmednlm?book=Medical&va=addiction

Medical Dictionary
One entry found for addiction.
Main Entry: ad7dic7tion
Pronunciation: schwa-primarystressdik-shschwan
Function: noun
: compulsive physiological need for and use of a habit-forming substance
(as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined
physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use
of a substance known by the user to be physically, psychologically, or socially
harmful
-- compare HABITUATION

Bryan