One Good Run

To: "Landspeed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: One Good Run
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:04:24 -0700
List,

I just got back from a working vacation in Jamaica. I finished reading the
book, "One
Good Run" on the way down Friday night, June 16th. A great book! Really a
"must
have" to go along with the movie. From the movie you get the idea that this
was his first trip to the salt. Actually his first trip was in 1957, the
same
year that I was first on the salt. 1962 was his first time to come there
with the bike.

I also got my DVD just before we left for Jamaica. I looked at one of the
extras, "An Offering to the God of Speed" last night. When you look at this
section, note the chartreuse pickup behind the pink roadster where Burt is
putting on his leathers. That is my '58 Chevy Cameo and gas roadster. On the
run where Burt is being pushed off, Jeff, my eldest son is on the rear left
and his friend Dave is on the rear right. Jeff still has his tee shirt that
Burt gave him from that event.  Kind of neat to see all this in the movie.
It brings back memories of good days.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC